In collaboration with L’AMOPA, the Department of French, Francophone, and Italian Studies, and the Global Business Resource Center,
LibreMot is pleased to announce the LibreMot French Poetry Contest 2019-220
at the College of Charleston, School of Languages, Cultures, and World Affairs.
LibreMot French Poetry Contest 2019-2020
From November 20th to January 20th
- Any student of French is eligible to enter the contest.
- The poem must be written in French.
- Word count must be no shorter than 60 and no longer than 300 words. You may choose any style of poetry you wish (free verse, rhyming, sonnet, etc.) provided that it fits within these parameters.
- The poem must be original and unpublished. If it has previously been posted online (on a personal blog or elsewhere), that classifies as published. You may seek the help of critique readers to refine your poem, but coauthored pieces are not permitted.
- Entries must be submitted via our form (you cannot send your entry by email).
- Each candidate must enter Name, First name, Title of the poem and email address, name of their institution of study.
- Each candidate must select a category in which they want to compete.
- Beginner (101-102 courses) or one or two years of French in school
- Intermediate (201-202 courses) or three years of French in school
- Confirmed (313-314 courses) or four or five years of French in school
- Advanced (33x -38x -39x courses) five years at least of French in school
- Expert (47x-49x courses)
- Type your poem’s title before entering your poem, do not put your name anywhere on the poem (that information will be collected on the entry form). Use 12 pt. Times New Roman. Center and left alignment are both acceptable.
- Entries can be text only or it can contain Images, graphics, or illustrations (use the media upload buttons if necessary).
- Only one entry is allowed per person. Once a poem has been submitted, we will not accept edits or exchanges, so be sure to polish your work thoroughly and upload the correct document.
- The finalists are subject to our editorial policy, and LibreMot.com will publish the winning poems but authors are free to reprint their pieces elsewhere.
- Entries that contain objectionable content (such as gratuitous violence, profanity, or sex) will be disqualified.
- Poems will be evaluated on the basis of rhythm/meter, theme, imagery, word choice, and originality. The review is blind and performed by our acting judges. We are eager to be captivated by your words!
- Entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EDT on January 20, 2020. That gives you one month to craft a compelling poem, so find a subject that inspires you and get to work! Winners will be announced on January 25, 2020.
- For each section, there will be 3 winners.
- Winners will choose from the list prizes according to their ranking: e.g. first place, first choice.
- We reserve the right to disqualify entrants for not following our criteria, and the judges’ decisions are final..
Have a question about the contest? Email Dr. Juliette Bourdier, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This contest is supported by